Linda Winkler Garvin’s experience spans more than 30 years as a registered nurse, legal nurse consultant, insurance case manager, and private patient advocate. From sitting with patients at the bedside, to translating complex medical information, to navigating the broken healthcare system, to testifying in legal cases and returning patients to work, Linda can boast a spectrum of experience that few professionals can claim.
Linda is a graduate of the University of Massachusetts where she earned her MSN degree in Nursing and her Adult Nurse Practitioner training with honors. She has a Masters Degree in Gerontology, and has completed courses such as Pain and Symptom Management, Ethical and Legal Isues, Grief, Communication and Culture in End of Life Care and Elder Abuse. She has additional training from Harvard Medical Schools’ Continuing Education Division in complementary mind-body therapies: a certificate in Energy Based Emotional Freedom and Interactive Imagery in a Clinical Setting.
Linda is the principal of Patient Advocate Bay Area, Inc.
Find a list of her clients here.
Specific health-related credentials include:
- Licensed, registered nurse in the State of California
- Public Health Certificate in California
- Past experience as an Administrative Nurse and Assistant Professor at the University of California, San Francisco Medical Center (UCSF)
- Thirteen years of clinical nursing experience at institutions such as Stanford Medical Center and Massachusetts General Hospital
Linda’s memberships include:
- American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants
- NAHAC – the National Association of Healthcare Advocacy Consultants
- Society for Participatory Medicine
- American Chronic Pain Association
- International Association for the Study of Pain
In addition, Linda:
- is a published author on topics such as health insurance, nutrition, guided imagery and chronic pain
- worked on national lawsuits including E-coli cases (featured on PBS’s Nova) and Propulsid (drug) litigation
- developed a pain management program and Pilates mat instruction for individuals with chronic diseases and chronic pain
- has co-facilitated an Alzheimer’s support group at UCSF
- volunteer work at Children’s Hospice in East Bay, interacting with children and their families
- volunteer work at the Charlotte Maxwell Cancer Clinic offering patient education, pain management, relaxation and imagery sessions
Linda’s extensive experience and impeccable credentials make her your best choice for legal and insurance cases.
Contact Linda today to discuss your case.